Your privacy is important to us. This policy explains what personal information BAY OF ISLANDS CAMPERVANS collects from you, how we store it, how you can access and correct that information and when we might share information with other people.
BAY OF ISLANDS CAMPERVANS needs to collect, use and share personal information about our customers to offer our customers the best possible experience and to keep our customers and employees, safe and secure. We only collect personal information where we consider it to be reasonably necessary.
“you” means you, our customer and any user of services and websites including additional drivers and passengers travelling with you and includes any employee, agent or contractor of Bay of Islands Campervans.
“we”, “our”, “us” and “BOICampers” means BAY OF ISLANDS CAMPERVANS Limited.
“personal information” refers to any information relating to you such as your name, date of birth, drivers licence, contact details, credit card details, passport, country of residence, travel preferences and special needs that you supply to us or is supplied to us, including your social preferences and activities.
If you make bookings or request products for other people, such as your family, friends or employees, you must make sure you are authorised to give us their personal information. We will assume that you have their authorisation to do so.
HOW AND WHY DOES BOICAMPERS COLLECT, USE AND SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information so that we can provide you with the products you have requested from us safely and effectively. This is our main purpose for collecting your personal information. If you choose not to provide us with any personal information we require from you, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you have requested.
COLLECTION AND USE
Below we explain in more detail the ways we collect and why we collect your personal information:
- Bookings: When you book a product, request a quote or pick up a vehicle we will ask you for the personal information we need to give you what you want. This includes your name, contact details (email, address and telephone number), date of birth, drivers licence, passport, payment information and information about you and other drivers or other people you are travelling with. We need this information to provide you with products and services you have booked and to carry out our obligations relating to contracts between us.
- CCTV: where you see signs at any of our physical locations telling you that CCTV cameras are in operation we are collecting CCTV footage of our employees and customers. We need this information to ensure the safety of our property and employees.
- Customer reviews: We may use your contact information to send you a short survey about your experience with us this will be sent by us. We also monitor and use customer reviews on review websites and social media. These help us understand and improve our service and products.
- Marketing activities: We may also collect your personal information for marketing activities through marketing and analytical services. We may use such personal information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
For example: To contact you by email with information on our latest news, updates, special offers, discounts or promotions or competitions. You consent to this when you agree as part of the booking process or if you agree to this when you are asked in person. You can opt out at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email.
- Other communications: We may have to contact you by email, phone or SMS/TXT, depending on the contact information we have for you, this could be:
- So, we can respond to and deal with your queries, complaints or requests;
- So, we can deal with a damage claim which has occurred during your use of our products;
- We may also send you other emails relating to your booking, such as where to pick up or check in and information on contacting us if you need help.
- Public safety and fraud prevention: We may use personal information to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities including preventing unsafe drivers from hiring vehicles.
- Improving our services: We use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our websites.
- Debt collection: Collecting any debts you may owe us (we may also pass your details on to a third-party debt collection agency).
- Fines/tolls: To transfer any fines, tolls or penalties we have received in relation to your vehicle hire into your name we will send your personal information to fine and toll processing companies and/or the relevant local authority or government agency.
- Damage claims: Processing any damage or excess reduction claims, insurance claims, fines, tolls or penalties in relation to your use of our products or services.
- Training: For our staff, monitoring and improving our products, services, websites, applications and devices and, and maintaining our systems.
- Research: We may from time to time aggregate and anonymise customer information to use ourselves or to provide to third parties for research, data analysis, statistical or other purposes.
- Public information: We may also collect and use personal information that is publicly available, for example through social media, public directories or review websites. We use this information to improve our services.
HOW AND WHY DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We share your personal information with third parties with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or to provide any product you have requested. These third parties (some of whom may be located outside of New Zealand) are:
|Arcadia Motel Chirstchurch||Name, Contact Details, Identification Details, Reservation Details||So we can process your reservation|
|Tekshapers (Developer Rental Software)||Name, Contact Details, Identification Details, Reservation Details, Masked Credit Card Information||So we can process your reservation|
|Stripe Payment Gateway||Credit Card information||So we can process your payments, all in line with PCI DSS.|
|Google Analytics||Name, Contact Details, Identification Details, Reservation Details, Browser, Location, Device and cookie information||So, we can identify you, provide the transactional information and marketing information to you|
|The Rocket Science Group LLC (MailChimp)||Name, Contact Details, Reservation Details||So we can email you confirmations and important information about your reservation or offers|
More details about third parties we may need to share your personal information with:
- Service providers: Contracted third parties providing the following services:
- data processing
- IT and system administration
- marketing, market research and communication
- printing and distribution of marketing materials
- mailing, freight and courier
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers, including lawyers, bankers, auditors, consultants and insurers.
- Other third parties:
- regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances and/or where disclosure is required by law
- Other companies supplying you with products: To complete your booking or provide you with help we may need to send your personal information to third parties who provide ancillary products or services you have requested or need (for example ferry tickets, roadside assistance, towing companies, local mechanics)
- Fines/tolls: We will send your personal information to the relevant local authority or governmental agency so we can transfer any fines, tolls or penalties we have received in relation to your vehicle hire into your name.
- Other people named in your booking: To assist them while using our products or amending a booking.
- other entities in the same or similar industries to us, for reasons of public safety
- where the law requires or authorises us to do so
- other third parties that you have been informed of at the time any information is collected from you
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION – WHO/WHERE DO WE TRANSFER IT TO?
If we transfer personal information to another country, we will take appropriate measures to protect the personal information we transfer. By providing us with personal information, you consent to us transferring, storing and processing personal information to countries worldwide.
WHAT SECURITY PROCEDURES DOES BOICAMPERS HAVE IN PLACE TO SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We store information in different ways, including paper and electronic form. We take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. To do this we:
- Use only secure servers.
- Use industry standard encryption for the transmission of personal information on our websites and storage of your credit card details which are used as security. When Your credit card details are handled in compliance with PCI DSS 3.2standards and are encrypted and securely stored by Direct Payments Solutions Limited and Auric Systems International using SSL protocol to allow a secure connection between your internet browser and our internet server, using a private key to encrypt the information.
- Require any third-party suppliers we use to comply with global data protection legislation relevant to the services they are providing.
- Ensure that our employees and service providers only have access to the personal information they need to do their jobs.
We will retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil our obligations to you, to protect our legal interests, to comply with a law or as otherwise stated to you when we collect personal information.
Once we are no longer required to retain personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy personal information or to ensure that personal information is de-identified.
IT’S YOUR CHOICE – HOW TO ACCESS & CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us at [email protected] To keep your information safe, we may ask for further information to confirm your identity. If you spot any mistakes in your personal information, please tell us (email the same address) so that we can correct the information.
You can “opt-out” from:
- marketing and sales emails by clicking “unsubscribe” in any of these emails;
In some circumstances, you have the right to ask BOICAMPERS to stop using and/or delete your personal information. If you want to do this, please contact us at [email protected]
CHANGE IN POLICY
We may need to amend the terms of this Policy if our practices change. If we do so, we will post the updated version on our website (at https://camper-huren-nieuwzeeland.nl/, https://www.camper-verhuur-nieuwzeeland.nl/).
Last updated March 2020.